Currently based in Berlin, Germany (born in Ufa, Russia)
Skill set #
- Python — Django, Flask, Celery, DRF, pytest
- Databases — PostgreSQL, MySQL, Redis, Heroku Connect
- CI — Travis, CircleCI, GitLab CI, Heroku CI, GitHub Actions
- Management — GitHub, Jira, Confluence, Redmine, Trello, YouTrack
- Misc — Heroku, Salesforce, Linux, Bash, Docker, git
- Soft skills — hiring, onboarding, mentoring and 1x1s, team coordination and alignment
Senior Software Engineer @ Thermondo GmbH [March 2016 — May 2021, 5 years] #
Developing backend monolithic (~150kloc) and microservice applications for company business processes. Keeping the stack and open-source/closed-source libraries up-to-date and well-tested (90%+ coverage).
Web Developer (volunteering) @ MKCorp [November 2014 — March 2016, 1.5 years] #
With a bunch of people we decided to make an indie MMORPG (without any funding). I was responsible for building the website, forum and integrating it with game's API.
- Bootstrapped a website
- Developed a fully functional game forum from scratch
- Started building a payment system connected to a game
Web Developer @ Smena [October 2013 — December 2015, 2 years] #
Built and maintained various websites and complex web services for external clients.
Security Engineer @ Bashneft-Inform [July 2013 — October 2013] #
Information Security Bachelor @ USATU [2008 — 2013] #
- Languages — English (fluent), Russian (native), German (basic)
- Open Source — active OSS contributor
- Community — Moderating @pydjango (~2k people) and founded @django_jobs (~1k people)
- Talks — Speaker at Django User Group Berlin, PyBerlin, Python User Group Berlin
- Hobbies — jogging, drone photography, video games